- CollectionBy registering with our Services, you authorize Transport Training Centres of Canada to collect Personal Information for the purposes described in this Policy from:
- The information that you input through our online application,
- Your training program
- Any sources or references that you provide
- Your name and contact information
- Driver’s license number and type/class
- Educational level
- Financial information
- Credit records
- Medical information
- Driver training and record
- Employment history
- Driver qualifications
- Purpose and UseTransport Training Centres of Canada limits the collection of your Personal Information to that which is necessary for the Services that we provide, to market other services that may be of interest to you, and to comply with our regulatory and legal obligations. Transport Training Centres of Canada will not disclose your Personal Information to any third party for any other purpose except as identified in the Policy. In the event that your Personal Information is used or disclosed for any purposes not reasonably related to the Services, we will first obtain your consent for such purpose, except where prohibited by law.
- Confidentiality of Personal Information Third Party Agreements
- Retaining and Safeguarding your Personal InformationYour Personal Information will only be retained for the reasonable time required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to meet any applicable legal or regulatory requirements.
We protect your Personal Information by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet or exceed legal requirements and by means of ongoing staff training. Our safeguards protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use or alteration. In addition, external suppliers, service providers and/or employment recruiters seeking licensed or student drivers are contractually required to protect your Personal Information with appropriate security safeguards.
Disclosure: Unless otherwise permitted by law, the Personal Information that Transport Training Centres of Canada collects shall be used to provide you with the services, including, but not limited to:
- Delivery of ServicesFor students and licensed drivers, we will disclose your Personal Information to potential employers and recruiters for the purpose of finding qualified Truck Drivers and Heavy Equipment Operators. You acknowledge that potential employers and recruiters may use the Personal Information you provide to verify your work or educational experiences. In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to our affiliates and third party service providers who help provide the delivery of our services in the most efficient and cost effective manner. All of our suppliers and service providers are bound by strict contractual obligations to protect and maintain the confidentiality of your information in a manner that is consistent with our Policy. By registering with our services, you consent to our disclosure of your Personal Information to these third party service providers.
- As Permitted by LawWe may disclose your Personal Information to government entities and courts where we are legally required to do so and as permitted by law.
- Sale of Business/ReorganizationYour Personal Information will not be sold. However, we may disclose your Personal Information to potential acquirers of all or a substantial portion of Transport Training Centres of Canada through a merger, asset purchase or consolidation, or through a bankruptcy proceeding. Such potential acquirers shall be bound by contractual obligations to protect the confidentiality and privacy of the Personal Information disclosed to them and to secure such information in a manner consistent with this policy.
- For Statistical PurposesWe may use aggregated information about Users to compile anonymous statistics for our own purposes. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, we will obtain your consent before using or disclosing your Personal Information for any purpose not described in this policy or not reasonably related to the provision of our services.
- Your Privacy ChoiceYou always have the right to choose whether to provide us with some or all of your Personal Information. However, by withholding or withdrawing your consent, you may, in certain circumstances, prevent us, in whole or in part, from continuing to provide you with our Service. Transport Training Centres of Canada will provide you with access to your Personal Information upon request, subject to applicable legal and business restrictions. For more information on how to access Personal Information collected about you by Transport Training Centres of Canada please contact the Privacy Officer at the address below. You can address any concerns, questions or suggestions you may have regarding Transport Training Centres of Canada compliance with privacy law requirements or this Policy at the following address: Transport Training Centres of Canada 2565 Kingsway Blvd. Sudbury, ON P3B 2G1 Telephone: (705) 521-1157 Facsimile: (705) 521-1156
- AuthorizationBy submitting any Personal Information via the Transport Training Centres of Canada website, either in whole or in part, you authorize and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information, as described in this Policy, by Transport Training Centres of Canada Inc and its affiliates and third party service providers.
- Statement of ReleaseTransport Training Centres of Canada wishes to express that the opinions, views, policies, procedures or business practices, ethics and codes of third party associates does not necessarily reflect those of our management, employees or customers. Transport Training Centres of Canada is not directly or indirectly responsible or connected in any manner with the practices, as noted above, of any of its third party associates. The parties hereto confirm their express wish that this agreement, as well as, all other documents related hereto, including notices, be drawn up in the English language only and declare themselves satisfied therewith.